Saturday, April 27, 2013

One day at a time


Music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qTZBwST7PI

One day at a time
Sometimes I wake wondering the parallels of destiny and fate
Sometimes I just want to vacate this place, trapped in a maze
But can I ever simply escape my own mental mind state
Lost in a society that wants to exterminate us, the human race
The key to elevate is to continue moving one day at time

What’s on my mind 
As I continue to  grow older with time is the simple question
Am I fulfilling my own destiny, I don’t want to be a slave to the grind
But only a few chosen rise, I am alive so my destiny will provide 
So I stay focused on the prize as I continue growing one day at a time 

I keep hoping please, If God you are truly listening to me
Enlighten us as your living seeds because when we bleed
We plead not for the next man but our own living miseries
Let us learn to think not separately but as continuum of unity
realistically it seems we continue to bleed a river of pain while chasing our dreams
A whisper when I sit and think about the things on my mind currently 
Something reminds me; continue growing one day at a time 

I can only say I’ll try until the day I die  
To many of us have died before we had the chance to fly
Let the doors open wide, and breath success into our lives
Money isn't a way to define; my measure can’t be evaluated by
 The currency I posse in my cow hide, I simply grow one day at a time

Addicted to weed and getting green but that can’t hide 
the pain I feel inside; It’s like I’m only living materialistic life
I know I gotta continue going & growing one day at a time 
Keeping my eyes on the prize when the world is slowly 
Committing genocide on our wishes to simply get by 
Growing to be the man with a plan to survive to witness better times
Going further than a nine to five in time but I know I must continue growing
One day at a time. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More