Sunday, February 12, 2012

I Am


I am a rare piece that shines brightly 
I am the broken and the weak
but that’s what makes me strong and mighty
I am wise with a deep fire inside
that cannon be extinguised 
no matter how hard you try
I am a diamond that’s hard to find
You see a lump of dirt 
but the true beauty is underneath 
I am a poetic being 
No more no less 
but never expect to see 
what you can’t believe 
I am a ghost walking 
I talk the talk 
because I was forced to walk my way
I am more than what you can explain
so don’t listen to them when they 
try to describe me 
I am an artist living in the flesh
but my time will soon be at an end
then I will fly in the night
and vanish like a mystic I am
I am that I am but I am 
not greater than the whole
but don’t show me any limits 
I’ve mastered them before
I am King and I am peasant
I am lost and I am found 
I am confused and now I question
No time for second guessing 
I must focus on this reality
while staying true to me until the end
I am a nightmare 
to those that spread ignorance
I am the light in the darkness
that will not vanquish or submit 
I am a friend and a kind soul indeed 
but don’t push me 
because i’m already insane.
I am no more than a piece 
of a great mystery 
lost in the sands of time 
looking at my history
I am a poet, I am a friend, 
I am a mystic pushed to the limits. 
I am a rare piece that shines brightly 
I am the broken and the weak
but that’s what makes me strong and mighty.


George Nicholas Ade' © 2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More